Monday, August 22, 2011

Turning 2!!!

How on earth is my baby girl 2 years old already?? I swear I blinked and my tiny little peanut turned into a little girl! She grows every single day and she talks like a little adult. The things she says absolutely crack me up! On the advice of some of my mommy friends, I've started a journal of my favorite "Haileyisms." Here are a few of my recent favorites:

-While eating her NutriGrain bar, "Mommy! Dat is a taaaaasty bar!!"
- Using her fork to eat her lunch, "Mommy! Hailey forking!"
- Talking about her new Dora doll, "Do-do my fav-it" (Dora's my favorite) and "Love Do-do!" (I love Dora) while giving the doll a hug.
I know there are a million more but I can't remember them off the top of my head (which is precisely why I'm going to start writing them down!)

Here are some more of Hailey's 2 year stats:

  • -Weighs 29 lbs.

  • Is 2ft 11in tall (!!)

  • Wears size 2T

  • Feeds herself with a fork and spoon

  • Wants to do EVERYTHING herself! The most commonly heard phrase around our house these days is "Hailey do it!" or "Hailey turn!"

  • Loves to boss Cookie around. She wants Cookie to follow her everywhere and likes to tell her what to do.

  • Absolutely loves to go to The Little Gym! She has come so far since we first started going! This morning she was practically jumping up and down with excitement to go.

  • Is completely obsessed with Dora the Explorer. She wants to watch Dora, read about Dora, play with Dora, sing along with Dora... it's Dora overload over here!

  • Has been going to swimming lessons for 5 months. She can hold her breath and glide underwater, monkey crawl along the side, and glide to the step and stand up. She doesn't love to practice the skills but she does love to play around in the water. She hasn't quite figured out how to kick while she's underwater yet but hopefully that's coming soon.

  • Loves to eat fruit!!

  • Loves to play with baby dolls and read more than anything else.

  • Is loving and so sweet 90% of the time but has a sassy stubborn streak that is starting to get her put in time-out from time to time.

  • Is 100% the light of my life!
  • Last weekend we had Hailey's birthday party for her friends and family at The Little Gym. It was soooooo much fun, all the kids and the adults had a great time! Here are a few cute pics from the party:

    Bubbles!!



    The party guests telling everyone that Hailey is 2!



    The very popular "donut rides"



    Mmmmmm.... birthday cake!


    This is by far Hailey's favorite skill at Little Gym! So cute!


    2 comments:

    Kelly said...

    Happy Birthday Hailey!

    I can't believe she's TWO already! That means my little one is right behind her! Yikes!

    Has her hair become lighter or is it just the photos? She looks like she's going to be blonde!

    Grandpa said...

    She just keeps getting more amazing! Must be the genes....