Since Hailey spends 4 days a week at home with me and the other 3 days a week at Debbie's in-home daycare with only one other toddler, I thought it would be fun to find a Mommy and Me class. I wanted her to experience socialization with other kids in a fun and structured environment. Also, since she was so slow to walk, I wanted something that would encourage movement and balance. Unfortunately there are not a lot of options where we live, but I managed to find a place that met all of my criteria and more: The Little Gym!
Hailey is in the "Birds" class, which is for kids 10 months to 19 months. Hailey is the oldest in the class but she's also the only one who didn't take a class last semester, so she is the most hesitant kid in the group. The funny thing about Hailey in class is that when she doesn't want to do one of the activities, she fusses but does it anyway. No tantrums and no running away, just fussy while she does it and then back to being happy when she's done. Silly girl!
Today was our 4th class and I have seen huge improvement in Hailey's mobility, curiosity, cooperation, and bravery. While all of the gym equipment freaked her out during the first class, I could barely drag her away from it during today's class. She loves the other kids and playing with the balls and the bubbles are her favorite. When I ask her on Friday mornings if she wants to go to Little Gym, she says and signs "ball" and "bubble". It's sooooo cute!! I can't wait to see her growth over the next several months and hopefully this will be something we'll continue to do throughout the whole year!

0 comments:
Post a Comment