Monday, November 17, 2008

Winter Redefined

Dear Mother Nature,
It seems you are sending me mixed signals. The leaves here are turning a beautiful shade of red and the stores are chock-full of glittery Christmas decorations. The local soft rock radio station is playing holiday tunes 24-7 and Starbucks is serving my favorite Pumpkin Spice lattes. However, am I wearing any of the comfy, cozy fleece sweaters hanging in my closet? Am I wrapped up in a soft blanket with an Eggnog candle filling my house with the spicy scents of the holidays?

No.

I am wearing shorts and a tank top with the air conditioning on because it's 80 DEGREES TODAY!! It's November 17th and it's 80 degrees! What is going on here? Are you having a menopausal hot flash? Are you punishing us for our giant carbon footprints? Because I, for one, recycle anything and everything I think might be remotely recyclable. I'm not asking for much, let's just bring it down to, say, the 50's. Then maybe my sweaters will stop looking at me forlornly every time I open my closet. They're starting to get really jealous of the tank tops and I'm afraid an all out closet war may soon erupt. And you know those tank tops don't stand a chance against bulky sweaters....so make it happen. And soon. Because Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I need some thick layers to camouflage the 10 pounds I plan on gaining.
Warmly,
Me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It snowed here in Denver last week.

Tiana said...

Oh sure, rub it in why don't you!

Anonymous said...

I keep buying cute sweaters hoping that will make it turn colder and I will be able to wear them, but to no avail.

April said...

I agree with everything! Winter clothes sure do hide the flab a lot better than the summer stuff :-)